- Achyut Samant claims of more than 30,000 children reading in KISS Tribal School.
- Secretary, KISS Tribal School claims of 25,000 children in KISS School.
- Office of DWO, Collectorate, Khurda supplied information about 18998 no. of children reading in KISS school.
- It is heard from some reliable sources that less that 10,000 tribal children are studying in KISS Tribal school.
Which is Correct information ? Who will authenticate it ? This is the character of Achyut Samant. He is seen being habituated to make false propaganda about KISS School in media since last several years.
Every time, Sri Achyut Samant who talks as Spokesperson of KIIT and KISS claims that more than 30,000 tribal children are reading in KISS Tribal school. These children are provided free boarding, lodging and education free of cost. Whenever, RTI was filed to KISS, Bhubaneswar to get information about number of children staying in KISS tribal hostel, the KISS Authority denied to supply the information. Then on 4.1.19., RTI Application was filed to three major departments of Govt. of Odisha i.e., School and Mass Education Department, SC and ST Development Department, Women and Child development Department seeking information about Number of Children Presently reading in KISS Tribal School, Patia, Bhubaneswar . As the said information was not available, all three Departments forwarded RTI Application to each other for supply of information. At last on 19.1.19, the PIO of SC and ST Development Department forwarded same to PIO, office of District Welfare Officer to provide information.
On 19.2.19, the PIO, office of DWO, Khurda supplied the information stating that total no. of 18998 ( from Class 1 to 10) were reading in KISS School. After going through this information, doubt is raised about authenticity of information supplied by PIO vs claim of Achyut Samant . Another RTI Application dated 28.2.19 was filed to the PIO, office of DWO, Khurda to get the information about source of information supplied dt. 19.2.19 relating to 18998 children reading in KISS school.
On 20.3.19, the PIO, office of DWO, Khurda supplied the following information.
- On 29.8.18, while responding to Assembly question UDAQ No. 159, the Secretary, KISS Tribal School has supplied information to District welfare Officer, Khurda that “ More than 25,000 students have been admitted in KISS , Bhubaneswar”. State Govt. is supplying 750 quintal rice at subsidized cost of Rs. 5.65/- per KG for 5000 students.
- The PIO has also supplied class-wise students’ strength ( both boys and girls ) is as follows ( 2017-18)
NEWS TODAY REPORT