- None but only Achyut Samant, founder of KISS ( Kalinga Institute of Social Science) and BJD MP claims of 30,000 tribal children studying in KISS tribal school.
- Govt. of Odisha , forget public, is not aware about number of tribal children staying and reading in KISS tribal School, Bhubaneswar
- No Govt. Department is aware about number of tribal students of KISS school.
- Authority of KISS has not shared any information about number of children reading in tribal school.
- OSCPCR and Child Welfare Committee, the monitoring statutory bodies are not aware about it.
- District Welfare Officer, a designated monitoring officer for tribal schools is also not aware about it.
- It is astonishing that how such a reputed institution maintains utmost secrecy about genuineness of the number of tribal children reading in the school.
KISS ( Kalinga Institute of Social Science) , an NGO running tribal school in Patia, Bhubaneswar which is founded by Achyut Samant , BJD MP and a front-ranking land grabber in the state . He has given public statement several times that total number of 30,000 children are housed in KISS tribal school. They are provided free lodging, fooding, shelter and education in the KISS campus. To verify the authenticity of information about exact number of tribal children reading in the school, RTI Application was submitted to the PIO, Office of Secretary, KISS to provide details of information about number of children reading in the school. The Authority of KISS refused to divulge any information, as they do not come under RTI Act. Now the matter is for consideration in the court of Odisha Information Commission.
However, to get the information from Govt. sources , on 4.1.19, I had filed three RTI Applications to the PIOs of Department of Women and Child Development, Department of School and Mass Education and Department of SC and ST Welfare, Govt. of Odisha seeking information about number of children reading in KISS Tribal school.
On 11.1.19, the PIO, Department of School and Mass Education forwarded my RTI Application to the PIO, Department of SC and ST Welfare to provide information to provide information, as it is not available with them.
The PIO, Department of Women and Child development forwarded RTI Application to the PIO, Department of SC and ST welfare to provide the information. Clubbing together all RTI Applications, the PIO, Department of SC and ST welfare forwarded the RTI Applications to District welfare Office ( DWO), Khurda to provide information. Astonishingly, the said information is not available with with DWO, Khurda. On 1.2.19, the PIO, office of DWO, Khurda has transferred my application to the KISS, Bhubaneswar which never divulges any information to anybody.